Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ambition

Last week my elder son told me that his class teacher ask him about his ambition. So he told the teacher he want to become a policeman.

When I was in primary school (Standard One) the same query had been addressed to me. During that time I don’t have any idea what I want to be.

The teacher keep insisting and he said he have to record it. He also convinced me it is essential to have an ambition.

He says, “A person without ambition is most likely a death person. They would not success in their life and the after life too. This kind of person when they are grown-up they would become a thug, criminal and spend most of the time behind bars!”

“Ambition is the most things that you wanted to be when you’re grown-up. And it is the job that you most wanted to do,” the teacher explains further before the class. 

I was scared to death. Right the way, I begin to think what would I be when I was young. I pushed my ‘intelligent limit to the end’ and work hard to imagine, especially when I heard the ‘death’ word from teacher's mouth. My head begun spinning around, try to seek the answer! 

The teacher started calling our name, one by one. Everybody has to mention their ambition in the class. Most of pupil in my class said they want to become a policeman, fireman, armed forces, lawyer and doctor. 

Before my turn has come up, I took the opportunity to write down my ambition in a piece of paper. After I was cracking down so hard, only one ambition that I could think of.

“Aida. … Aida … Aida! It’s your turn now!” teacher exclaimed. I was preoccupied and absorbed with my writing and imagination.

Realized my name had been called, I immediately jumped from my chair and start to read my ambition out laud. All student in the class paid attention, ready to hear what will be my ambition.

I looked around and they were waiting patiently.

“I want to be a Wonder Woman sir!” I say it in full of confident. No hesitate at all.

Just few seconds ago before I stood, the class was silence. Quite! If the bees come across everybody can hear its flapping wings. 

Now the class becomes bizarre. Blast everywhere… kind of thunder storm. Kabam boommm! The noise has broken up!

In fact I saw the teacher wipe out his tears. People start breaking laughing out laud. Some others keep knocking his table and rolling on the floor. 

I just keep smiling in puzzle. I simply don’t understand! I wonder what was exactly happened.

Few seconds before my name has called, the only thing pop-up in my head was superman, batman, Captain America, Bug Rogers. But those jobs were designated for male, not for female! I have to keep it aside;  they  are not feminine at all. 

The only superwomen series seen in the TV was Super Grandma! But I guessed it is not suitable to me too because I too young to be a Super Grandma. Beside that I think a senior citizen should be relaxed and rest all the days despite of doing jobs to stop all the criminals. Second reason is I dislike plugging myself into the electric socket to charge my energy while at night or just to feel fresh!

The only superwomen series that I might think of and quite fit to me was Wonder Woman. In fact, those days there have very little superwomen series showing in the Malaysian TV!


After the class has returned to ease, under control, and back to normal, the teacher begin explains to me what exactly the ambition in the real world is.

(Picture: Wonder Woman was well known TV series back in 1970 - 1980s. Credit to wikipedia)

So again, I was in blank. I just picked up blindly which were a policeman, firemen, and armed forces. And it have been keep up in circle for next eight years later; intact as my written ambition ... *hahaha.. 
Today, I have not even become part of those three choices of ambitions. Now, I am serving in education sector.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jangan segan-segan. Meh ler beri kata sepatah dua....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...